6663 Mabompré (Houffalize)
- Brussels: https://www.brusselsairport.be/en
- Liège: https://www.liegeairport.com/passenger/fr/
- Charleroi: https://www.liegeairport.com/passenger/fr/
- Luxembourg City: https://www.lux-airport.lu/de/
- Frankfurt: https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/de.html
- Amsterdam: http://www.amsterdamairport.info/
The closest railway station is Bastogne-Sud. We might be able to pick you up from there, but please ask beforehand. There is no longer an actual train running to Bastogne so the last part from Libramont to Bastogne is by bus but with the same train-ticket.
From Bastogne you can take another bus to Engreux Église (line 17).
There is an express bus running from railway station Liège Guillemins (line 1011) which stops at Houffalize Place Albert 1er. Again, we might be able to pick you up from there, but please ask beforehand. Otherwise you can take take bus line 17 to Engreux Église.
Trains : www.b-rail.be
Busses : www.infotec.be
Flixbus: Bastogne is on the line from Zurich to Amsterdam and there are also possibilities to change to other locations.
BlaBlaCar: Sometimes lifts are offered on BlaBlaCar to and from Bastogne/Houffalize.
Some tips regarding travel by train in Belgium:
- If you travel by Eurostar, buy a ticket “To Any Belgian Station”. This will also include the train/bus to Bastogne or Liège Guillemins or any other railway station and is much cheaper than buying a loose ticket.
- The cheapest way of travelling in Belgium by train is the Rail Pass. This costs 83 Euro for 10x unlimited travel by train within Belgium. In comparison, a return ticket from the monastery to Brussels would be over 50 Euro. If you do not need 10 trips, you can donate the partly used Rail Pass so we can give it to visiting monastics.
- If you come from Brussels airport, make sure you have an extra ticket called a Diabolo Ticket to enter and leave the airport by train.
Access by road: E25 (A26) motorway, exits 51 (Houffalize), from there via N860, or 52 (Noville), from there via N826; or via the N826 or N860. See map (the monastery is vis-à-vis “Refuge Engreux”).